Fontana Burn Accident Attorney
Burn Accident Lawyer Proudly Serving All of Fontana and the Inland Empire
Accidents resulting in burn injuries, even small burns, are known to be tremendously painful and often produce permanent scars and/or disfigurement. Excision, skin grafts, and physical therapy are common medical procedures and treatments that burn patients must endure. Sometimes medical treatment can go on for long periods of time, even years, and with it, extensive pain and discomfort. Incidents that produce burns can be a consequence of personal culpability, but most often are due to the careless, reckless, or negligent act of another. It is important that if you, or someone in your family, has been harmed by the wrongful or illegal act of another, you get immediate counsel. Statutes of limitations apply in California personal injury claims. Contact a Fontana Burn Accident Attorney at Banner Attorneys as soon as possible so that we can protect your rights and start the process of filing a claim to secure the compensation you are legally entitled to.
At Banner Attorneys, we have assisted hundreds of victims who have suffered burn injuries due to a number of situations, including work accidents and product liability. Our Fontana Personal Injury Attorneys can investigate the incident, collect and preserve pertinent evidence, secure medical reports and expert opinions, and get your claim moving toward settlement or trial if needed.
Causes of Inland Empire Burn Accident Injuries
- Industrial fires. Fires that occur in an industrial environment can cause severe burns that are difficult to treat medically. This is because they may involve different types of burns and in different combinations. Industrial workplaces can be held liable for a fire in the event that safety guidelines such as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations have not been followed.
- Thermal burns. These burns are caused by the direct exposure to a specific heat source, such as an electrical-based appliance, hot stove, space heater, or an open flame. It should be noted that some space heaters and stoves can overheat and cause burns, even if you are not in direct appliance-to-skin contact.
- Electrical burns. Construction, whether by way of a repair to an existing property or a new install situation, can result in faulty wiring or defective appliances. These injuries can cause mild to severe tissue and nerve damage inside the body and can also lead to unconsciousness and even death.
- Vehicle accidents. Motorcycles, cars, trucks, and boats can have manufacturing design and production defects which may cause them to catch fire after a crash.
- Chemical burns. The improper storage, handling, or labeling of corrosive or caustic substances can lead to the accidental exposure of said chemicals to employees or innocent (and unsuspecting) people. This, in turn, can cause chemical burns. Sometimes chemical burns are not easily identified and thus, can get worse over time.
- Gas explosions. Gasoline, along with other gases and liquids, is highly flammable. Even a spark that is considered small can cause an explosion. Always store gasoline be properly and keep it away from any open flames.
- Scalding burns. Scalding burns are caused by the exposure to boiling or to excessively hot liquids. Faulty cookware or unsafe containers are consistent contributors.
- Inhalation of Smoke. It kind of goes without saying that smoke can reach high temperatures and that, as such, can cause serious burns to the eyes, nose, mouth, throat, and lungs if inhaled. In addition, smoke contains carbon monoxide which can deprive the body of oxygen.
Regardless of the specific incident that causes your Fontana burn, the consequences can be catastrophic and life-changing. If the victim does survive, burn injuries involves painful recovery and can take years of physical rehabilitation and reconstruction to be able to return to a somewhat normal state.
Fire causation is a science, however, investigating and prosecuting fire and explosion cases can be quite complex. Attorneys must understand the cause of the incident, any warnings available, safety codes, as well as safety standards when preparing for the prosecution of these cases. They must work with many different experts and specialists in order to comprehend what took place. The Fontana burn accident lawyers at Banner Attorneys will work with the authorities so that you can focus on your recovery.
Getting Help – Call a Fontana Burn Accident Attorney Today
If you have suffered a burn injury, we will immediately start an investigation of the premises to determine how the incident occurred and if proper protocols were followed. We will also work with industry experts to collect the facts surrounding your accident. From there, we will build a solid burn injury claim, which includes important information on how your life, and the lives of your family, has been affected by the accident.
If you or a family member has suffered a serious burn injury, get skilled representation to protect your rights and seek the justice and compensation you deserve. Contact Banner Attorneys today at (909) 681-1622 for a free confidential consultation. Our attorneys are compassionate and aggressive. We understand burn injury law and are here to help you through this trying time.