Fontana Dog Bites Lawyer
Proudly Serving Dog Bite Victims in Fontana and Throughout the Inland Empire
Dog attacks and subsequent bites are common in the Inland Empire, and across the nation overall. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicates that over 4 million complaints of dog bites are registered annually, but what you may not know is that the true number of incidents is impossible to calculate. It is no myth that a significant number are never reported at all. Sadly, roughly 50% of the attack incidents filed involve children. If you or your loved one was injured in an animal attack, do not hesitate. Reach out to an experienced Fontana Dog Bites and Attacks Lawyer at Banner Attorneys today.
Despite the large number of bite complaints filed each year in the U.S., very few of the victims will be adequately compensated by their insurance or the dog owner’s insurance company for their injuries. It is critical to have a knowledgeable dog bite lawyer to help you navigate the claims process and to negotiate appropriate compensation for your medical costs and other losses. Dog bite injuries often result in the need for immediate treatment but they can also have long-lasting effects requiring future therapy (physical or emotional) and tissue damage or scar revision surgeries. Insurance companies tend to try and present you with a lowball settlement offer in order to close your claim quickly, for the lowest amount of money. A skilled Fontana Personal Injury Attorney can make sure that all of your losses are considered and help you receive the maximum recovery in your dog bite legal action. Attorney Brian Banner assists victims in Fontana and throughout the Inland Empire.
If you have been attacked and/or bitten by a dog, we advise that you:
- Seek immediate medical attention. Dog bites are known to lead to infection and may become more serious if left untreated. Go to an emergency room or call an ambulance immediately if the bite is especially serious. Do Not Delay!
- Identify the dog and owner. If possible, identify the dog and the dog owner or person responsible for the dog at the time of the bite, unless seeking appropriate medical treatment prevents you from doing so. Identify any witnesses to the incident and request their contact information. This will be especially important when you need to prove liability.
- Report the dog attack incident. Report the attack to a local animal control center or to the police and/or sheriff’s department, being as thorough as possible about the circumstances. If the dog was a stray, describe the dog to the best of your ability and indicate the location in which the attack occurred. While not as common as in previous time periods, rabies may be still transmitted and can be fatal if left completely untreated.
- Take photos with your cell phone. If you are physically able, take photos at the time of the incident. Include photos of the injuries associated with the dog bite, any clothing that was destroyed during the dog attack, the area/location in which the attack occurred, and the dog that attacked you. Get a picture of the drivers’ license or photo ID of the dog owner, if they are cooperative. However, do NOT endanger yourself in any way just to get pictures.
- Get legal assistance. Contact an experienced Fontana Dog Bite Attorney at Banner Attorneys for a free consultation about your dog bite case.
In some instances, dog bite victims don’t pursue a lawsuit for financial damages because they are friends with, or know the dog owner. Generally, however, our attorneys seek compensation solely from the dog owner’s homeowner’s insurance. This means that there may be very little actual out-of-pocket financial impact on the pet owner. Our team works with medical professionals, specialists, and experts to determine the facts of the case, all outlets for liability, and the full extent of financial damages the victim is likely to face over a lifetime. Something like a dog attack can change your life. Don’t let the negligent dog owner avoid taking responsibility. You and your family deserve to have your rights protected and to fight for the full and fair monetary damages afforded to you by California Law.
When a child is attacked, it is especially egregious. No parent wants to see their vulnerable child go through something so traumatic. It can mean a lifetime of physical disability or deformity, or emotional damage such as PTSD or a new-found and lasting fear of animals. Parents can seek compensation on behalf of their minor child for future needs that may arise as a result. It is a parent’s obligation to see that their child’s legal rights are protected and pursued. We are here to help sort things out and to assist in seeing that your child’s needs are met. An appropriate settlement or legal award can be used for future expenses as an adult, including medical costs and educational needs. Under the right circumstances, an educational trust or annuity may be appropriate for the child.
Dog bites and dog attacks are extremely serious personal injury events. They can cause scarring, often facial scarring, and other disfigurements, and often severe permanent psychological trauma. You don’t have to go through this alone. Let our compassionate legal professionals help you when you need it most.
If you or a loved one has been attacked or bitten by a dog contact a Fontana Dog Bite Lawyer at Banner Attorneys today.
Our attorneys are experienced litigators and have handled dog bite and dog attack cases throughout the Inland Empire in California. Call us today at (855) 411-2266 for your free confidential legal consultation. Don’t delay – get started now. We can review your case and protect your rights.